Eggs done different ways is a big part of Turkish breakfast, my favorite meal of the day. This time, we enjoyed eggs with tomatoes, spring onions, peppers with crumbled feta or Turkish white cheese or beyaz peynir over them. This is the unscrambled version of our beloved Menemen, Turkish scrambled eggs with vegetables. We love it as the children especially enjoy dipping their bread to that glorious runny yolk. The red pepper flakes over the egg gives a delicious bit of heat.
I hope you enjoy this, Afiyet Olsun,
- 2 eggs (or more if you like)
- ½ green or yellow bell pepper, finely sliced
- 2 spring (green) onions, finely sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 30 ml/ 2tablespoon olive oil
- 60 gr/2 oz. Turkish white cheese or feta cheese, crumbled
- 5-10 ml/ 1-2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large, frying pan. Stir in the bell pepper and cook for a couple of minutes, at low to medium heat.
- Add the spring onions and tomatoes. Season with salt and black pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Create holes in the pan and crack the eggs, cook over low to medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta or white cheese around the egg and cook a further 2 minutes or so, until the egg white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste and sprinkle red pepper flakes over the eggs.
- Serve hot with toasted or crusty bread
A Turkish Vegetarian Brunch Feast; Divertimenti Cookery School, London
Sunday, November 13th; 12 pm – 3.30 pm
Turkish style brunch is our favorite meal of the day, especially at the weekends; it’s vibrant, refreshing and a feast to all senses. I am delighted to teach a vegetarian Turkish brunch cookery class at the Divertimenti Cookery School, London on Sunday, November 13th; 12 pm – 3.30 pm. We have a feast of a menu including Anatolian flat breads with cheese & spinach, Gozleme, Olive salad with za’atar and pomegranate molasses, Turkish style scrambled eggs with onions, pepper and tomatoes – Menemen, Baklava with walnuts, Turkish Coffee and more.
Morever, we will enjoy a delicious Bellini with the Turkish Bubbly, Yasasin, by Melisa Fine Brands, I am particularly excited about introducing and celebrating Turkish wine at our class. We recently had a delicious Bellini tasting with Yasasin Turkish bubbly in London, it is gorgeous and we are in for a treat!
Participation is limited and booking is through Divertimenti Cookery School at this link, do hope you can join us!