Job Title: Youth Specialist
Location: King’s College, Southway, Guildford GU2 8DU
Hours: 14 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends
Length of Contract: Permanent Term Time
Rate of pay: £8,600 to £10,000 (£23K to £27K FTE equivalent)
Responsible to: Youth Work Manager at Eikon/ Manager at King’s College
Holiday Entitlement: Term Time contract
Eikon is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Youth Specialist. This role is to provide sustained support to vulnerable young people at King’s College School, helping them to overcome issues, before they become potentially life-changing problems. The core work will be providing one to one mentoring and group work activities that develop happy, thriving and resilient young adults who will contribute positively .
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To proactively address students/young people’s needs before issues arise
- To build positive and supportive relationships with young people
- Delivery & co-ordination of high quality one to one mentoring and group work, including design of group sessions and relevant lunch clubs
- To support the work of the Youth Development Board ensuring that young people are engaged and supported
- To ensure that all work is integrated with other in-school support services and the pastoral team
- Management of referral system and caseloads in partnership with school supervisor
- Keep up to date and accurate records and case notes on Social Impact Tracker (SIT)
- Liaise with key stakeholders and relevant agencies
- Manage and supervise volunteers and social work students
- Contribute to the Eikon team by attending team days half-termly
- Liaison work with parents and guardians where appropriate
- To ensure that an ethos of open communication between key stakeholders is established to discuss specific cases
For more information please click the details below for the job description and application form.
If you are interested in finding out more or applying for the role, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Closing date for applications: 30/06/17